Job Opening: Facilities Manager
Leavenworth Summer Theater is looking for a talented Facilities Manager to join our team that produces theater out under the stars for 20,000 patrons each summer.
This is a full-time seasonal position, with full-time commitments from late May through early September (35 – 40 hours a week) and minimal site management duties during the rest of the year (less than 15 hours a month). It could be a great fit for people who also work in a regular academic calendar, or are just looking for a job that offers great flexibility during the majority of the year.
Scope of Work:
The Facilities Manager manages our two theater locations – the Ski Hill Amphitheater (on US Forest Service land) and the Hatchery Amphitheater (on National Fish Hatchery property) – and is responsible for the setup, maintenance, and tear down of all summer infrastructure as well as keeping the venues secure and weather-proofed during the off-season.
They additionally provide customer support to our audience members at each performance, assisting with parking, ADA van access, and emergency management as needed.
- Enjoys working outdoors and is able to regularly accomplish tasks that require lifting and moving heavy or cumbersome objects (up to 50lbs).
- Some experience with carpentry and a general ability to troubleshoot lights, sprinklers, vehicles, etc. Could be considered general “handyman” skills.
- Valid drivers license and ability to drive box trucks and passenger vans. (a CDL would be nice, but not required)
- A great attention to detail, is well organized and reliable.
- A great work ethic, taking ownership or responsibility and pride in their work.
- Friendly and affable with both coworkers and summer audience members.
A comprehensive job description is available upon request.
This is a salaried position paid at a full-time wage during the peak months and at a part-time wage during the non-peak months. The specifics of this breakdown will be determined with the successful candidate. The range for the total yearly salary is between $16,000 – $22,000, depending on experience.
Please send an email with a short letter of interest and a resume or summary of applicable experience to phil.LSTexec@gmail.com to begin the application process. In the letter of interest, please mention how this opportunity would be a good fit for you as well as how your combination of skills and experience would make you a successful candidate.
If interested, feel free to ask any questions or request the full job description via the email address above. Leavenworth Summer Theater is an equal opportunity employer, and welcomes applicants from all gender identities, ethnic or cultural backgrounds, and work or employment histories.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.