Leavenworth Summer Theater
POSITION: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
More than 20,000 people experience magical moments at a Leavenworth Summer Theater production every year. Over the past twenty-five years, LST has grown to become a successful “Outdoor Destination Theater” offering professional quality family oriented musicals.
LST has a major positive impact on the community of Leavenworth and the greater Wenatchee Valley. In 2001, the Leavenworth Chamber of Commerce estimated the impact of ‘The Sound of Music” at nearly $7.5 million. Today, the impact of our three shows is significantly more. Contributing to the community is a big part of who we are.
Our mission is to present professional quality theater, focusing on family-oriented musicals.
Executive Director Responsibilities:
- The Executive Director serves as the Chief Executive Officer reporting to the Board of Directors. You will be responsible for all elements of LST’s operations which include Financial, Human Resources, Theatrical Productions, Facilities, Community & Public Relations and Fundraising as well as manage all business aspects including insurance, contracts, permits and legal issues.
Performances & Productions
- In cooperation with the Board, select shows and create performance schedules for the upcoming season.
- Hire Show Directors for each production and identify their preferred artistic team.
- Organize the audition process including advertising, staffing and procedures.
- Recruit and manage volunteer staffing and concessions contractors.
- Oversee online ticket sales and the box office, including staffing, policies and procedures.
- Coordinate all federal Fire Camp issues with Incident, Logistics, and Fish Hatchery staff.
- Greet donors at performances on a regular basis.
Public Relations, Marketing and Community Involvement
- Attend community events representing the Theater. Coordinate LST donor events.
- Coordinate all press, PSAs and promotional photography.
- Coordinate Marketing Materials including Literature Design, Text, Proofing and Printing for Newsletters, Programs, Brochures, Posters, Flyers and Ads.
- Manage the LST Website
Desired Qualifications and Competencies
- Strong commitment to the mission and values of Leavenworth Summer Theater.
- Local area residency is required.
- A “Hands On’ attitude and excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach, manage, develop and inspire staff and volunteers.
- Outstanding communication, writing and interpersonal skills.
- Five or more years of management experience in a business or non-profit organization.
- Success in roles requiring execution of multiple tasks while responding to multiple priorities. Proven ability to remain focused in the face of pressure.
- Proficient use of Internet and relevant computer programs.
- Strong marketing, public relations and fundraising experience.
- A Bachelor’s Degree. Candidates who progress in the process will be required to produce professional references and copies of university degrees.
We offer a competitive compensation package in addition to salary that includes Health Care, Training Opportunities, Paid Time Off, Sick Leave, Family Leave, Phone Allowance, and Flexible Scheduling. The salary for this position is $45,000 per year. This is a full-time exempt salaried position.
Applications accepted until June 29, 2018.
Please submit a cover letter, résumé, and answers to the following questions. No more than 250 words per question please.
1. What experience do you have managing a complex organization or projects?
2. What do you consider your most important knowledge and skills that qualify you to assume the responsibilities of this position, and how did you acquire them?
3. Why does insuring the continued excellence of Leavenworth Summer Theater matter to you?
Mail your packet in confidence to:
Leavenworth Summer Theater
Executive Director Search
Attn: Chair, Search Committee
PO Box 775
Cashmere, WA 98815
Or email to Brad Blackburn, Chair, Search Committee at: